Things to keep in mind when bringing your child!
When bringing your child to the dentist, there are a few tips and pointers that can make it easier on both you and your kiddo!
- Try to schedule your child early in the morning- at this time, your child is rested and can focus best. This makes sitting through a dental appointment easy and painless!
- Afternoon appointments are typically more difficult as your child is already burnt out from the first half of the day and will not like to sit in the dental chair
- Though it can be tough, your child does best in the chair when they are not accompanied by mom or dad!
- Most kids tend to misbehave or act up if they are brought back with their parents
- Cooperation is typically at its best when the child can focus on the doctor
- Avoid using certain terms that may scare your child from coming to the dentist. Here are some positive alternatives:
- Shots- sleepy medicine
- Drill- water wand
- Reward positive behavior with positive actions, let them know about our prize box!
- Always speak in a positive manner about coming to the dentist- if you love it, they will want to love it too!