After a new filling or dental crown has been done, you are usually still numb from the local anesthetic when leaving the office. This can make it difficult to tell whether your bite feels normal when the dentist asks to make adjustments! Sometimes, patients notice that once the numbing wears off, their bite feels different after the filling or crown has been placed. This can be a relatively common occurrence. If this is something that you are experiencing, contact our dental office to schedule an adjustment.
Symptoms of an uneven bite:
- One side of your teeth feels higher than the other
- You touch down on one tooth before the others
- It is tender to chew on that tooth/side of the mouth
- Something just feels different than it did before
- It mainly bothers you when chewing/eating