September is National Gum Care Month!
It is important to keep your gums clean. Healthy gums lead to healthier teeth and aids in your overall heath. If you are having pain, bleeding or other concerns with your gum tissue, make sure to call your dentist. Dental Hygienists can also explain the proper way to clean your gums at routine cleaning appointments. A dental examination and cleaning at least once a year is important to help maintain a healthy smile.
Ways to Ensure Healthy Gum Tissue:
- Floss! Floss at least once a day.
- Get regular dental cleanings. Seeing your dentist on a regular basis can help detect early gum disease symptoms.
- Brush! Brush twice a day. Be sure to brush for 2 minutes each time.
- Quit smoking or using smokeless tobacco!
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a therapeutic mouthwash.
- Brush with an electric toothbrush if available.
- Use a soft toothbrush.